Monday, September 26, 2011

This Inspired Me into a Fit of ENVY

My friend Denise spun up some sassy fiber and posted it on facebook.



I was overtaken with envy and ran down the stairs to see if I could make some fiber as nice as what she was spinning. OK, I didn't run down the stairs. I trundled down. I dug out some light green alpaca and some blue silk and carded it up. Took it upstairs, spun it up, and got this:



Harumph. My fiber was not even in the same world as Denise's vibrant colors.

I trundled downstairs again, determined to get me some color.

So for my second attempt, I went back to the light green alpaca, but blended in dark blue silk and maroon silk. And plenty of it, I'll have you know.

Here's what I got:

Baby Barf
Crap. Maybe if I plied it together, it would look better:



Old Man Purple


Crap. Well, I know what I must do. Can the light green alpaca, switch to straight silk, and break out my new spindle, which my friend Denise got me at the Hemlock Fiber Festival:

This is a Goncola Alves Victorian Silk Spindle
Stay tuned, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment