Wednesday, September 7, 2011

This Is Where I Want To Go Next

I'm getting all WILD here, thinking I deserve an artistic moment, so I meandered all over the internet looking for a class on wet felting. One that lasts more than a day. That's right, if I'm going to do something, I want to come out exhausted and pitiful at the end, with something substantial to show off. So I found my class, and of course it is filled. Next one is filled too. Oh sigh. They're going to contact me when they get the next one scheduled. If anyone would like to go on this boondoggle with me, just say the word. I think it's a 6 hour drive, though I haven't googled it yet, so I could be wrong. It's in Easthampton, Massachusetts.

Now, the way I picked this class is that I googled nuno classes, and then looked at the instructors' work. Apparently you can make some pretty ugly nuno felt if you put your heart into it. But Jean Gauger's website had lovely pieces, and her class looked like it would be lots of fun.

NUNO BUTTERFLY SHAWL with Jean Gauger
New England Felting Supply


Friday to Sunday, September 16-18, 2011
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
$315 plus materials, approx. $70-$120
$175 deposit required
nuno experience helpful


I am including another picture from Jean's website. This one is for my friends Denise and Channyn, who have an orange dining room. It seems to me that nuno felting could be the answer to how to bring it all together:


6 comments:

  1. I love that orange and blue together!! Maybe we could just make felt pieces big enough to paste on the wall. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, you could take panelling and attach it to that and make a felt chair rail effect. Or make a tablecloth. Or chair cushions. or window shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or, you could FRAME pieces. That could look really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or, you could make dinner shawls for everybody, and when it is suppertime, have everyone march in, circle the table, and then hand their shawls on the chairs and have dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or, we could felt the whole house... that way we wouldn't have to worry about the children breaking anything. It would give a whole new meaning to felt protectors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, now that I have seen your orange walls, Momma C, I think we should definitely try placemats and then - cafe curtains. Don't you think so? And maybe... chair pads? Of course, you would only put the placemats and chairpads out when nobody is home.

    ReplyDelete