Wednesday, September 7, 2011

This is Too Exciting for Words!

Oh! I was sitting here contemplating contacting the woman who teaches the nuno felting class and begging her to throw down another table and make me some room, but then those nice New England people called and said someone cancelled! I feel just a little bit guilty, because the first thing out of my mouth was "Oh! Someone died? Terrific!" But really, I'm sure nobody had to meet their maker to get me through the door.

You might wonder why I'm so excited about making a butterfly shawl. You see, back in 2005, I scored some great costumes at a garage sale. We're a creative family, so we hauled them out, dressed up, got out the camera, and created a book.
 
Our Ferocious Hero, Captain Flash
 
The Nefarious Villain, The Evil Dragon


The Helpless Flutterby is Captured by The Evil Dragon

Saved by My Hero! And we all lived Happily Ever After
 The costumes, it turned out, were the hit of my son's childhood. We dragged them out for every imaginable occasion. I wore the butterfly costume every year at Halloween. Flash wasn't usurped until a couple of years ago, when "Mario" became the costume of choice. So anyway, we've got a vested interest in butterflys, and I could use a little wardrobe bump.

And that's why I want to take a wet felting class to make a nuno butterfly shawl.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment