Friday, July 2, 2010

I've Been Workin' My Fingers to the Bone...

Last night I started carding some of the luscious fiber that I dyed a couple of weeks ago. I can honestly say, I'm in heaven. It seems to me, though, that if I'm going to talk about carding, I'd best show you my drum carders. They are, in my humble opinion, better than whipped cream on pie. Better than Snickers Bars. Well, let's just all agree that I love them very, very much.

First, I'll start with the absolute love of life, my Patrick Green electric drum carder. I use it all the time. OK, I use it a lot.

Isn't she gorgeous?

That's 100% alpaca going through right now

Here's what it looked like after I dyed it, and before I carded it:


I love the way it came out all different shades of green. I put it through Patrick once, and then decided to blend in a little wool to give it a little more substance. Thanks to the wool, and feeding it through Patrick twice, this fiber came out looking sort of minty. It's very soft. I can't quite decide what to do with it next. I am tempted to blend in some white silk or mohair. But maybe not. For now, it is what it is, about 70% alpaca, 30% wool. Let me know what you think of the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment