Monday, July 5, 2010

Art of My Art

So, my sister Leslie Knaup is a painter. And she painted a painting of my favorite things, my drop spindles, my fiber, and my Wizard of Clay pottery. The Wizard of Clay is a potter who has had a business for as long as we remember, near our old home in Honeoye, New York. I have Wizard of Clay dishes, Wizard of Clay flower pots, Wizard of Clay lamps, Wizard of Clay toothbrush holders. Oh, my, you're starting to think you've discovered another passion of mine, aren't you?

Now, the painting has been done for a while, but no photo was forthcoming. Fortunately, I found a digital camera at a garage sale that we think will meet my sister's needs, so we sent that, and she is off and running.

Anyway, back to the art. Not to put too fine a point on this, but the spindle on the left is my Golding spindle, and the spindle on the right is my Tom Forrester spindle. I love them both, though lately the Forrester spindle is holding a higher place in my heart because it is lighter weight. I am spinning a lot just now, and my arm is getting tired.


I think my painting is lovely, and I am very grateful to my sister for painting it. Of course, now she's set an expectation... what will she paint for me in August, when she comes to visit next? If you like what you see, just let me know and we'll see if you can't commission a work of art from Leslie. Imagine how nice your spinning wheel would look, or perhaps you have spindles and fiber that need to be memorialized?

No comments:

Post a Comment