Friday, July 2, 2010

Resistance is Futile

I have an uncanny ability to find cool things at garage sales. It's a gift, and, of course, I respect the gift. Today I headed out to a sale offering "high end yarn". "Pshaw!", I thought, "that's not going to be anything much." But I stopped anyway, only to find, well, the mother lode of high end yarn:










Best of all, there were all these books with patterns to go with the yarn.


So my Mom looked at it and said, "Honey, you're going to need more bins." And then she thought about it a little and said, "Honey, you're going to have to learn to knit." And my husband looked at it and said, "This wasn't all her stuff, was it?" Err... well, no, this was just the stuff she felt like she could part with.

I do think, though, that I will pick a pattern that looks easy, and haul downstairs and see if my Mom can't help me knit something.

No comments:

Post a Comment