Saturday, June 5, 2010

Van Engelen Inc. - Because You Can Buy 1000 at a Time

Have I mentioned our family motto? I probably should, as it will give you insight into what goes on around here. Our motto is: Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Thus, I must confess that in addition to the Dutch Gardens flower bulb catalog, which I have already described, I also receive a Wholesale Price List from Van Engelen, Inc. Why do I love them? The quality of the bulbs, of course, and the fact that you can buy 1000 at a time. I'd like to think that the folks at Van Engelen are sitting over there in Holland, just waiting for me to place an order. "Will she? She must! We cannot go on if she doesn't buy 1000 bulbs."

Sometimes I wonder about the people who bought our last house. Are they now overrun with tthe thousands of bulbs that I planted?

Please, don't tell either my husband or brother, but lately I've been thinking that it might be interesting to try overtaking the front hill (it is a bodacious hill) with Asiatic Naturalizing Lilies. My theory is that over time it could eliminate the need for my brother to mow the hill, which is rather steep. Really, I'm just thinking of him. 1000 Asiatic Naturalizing Lilies, for a mere $300. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment