Monday, October 11, 2010

I Am My Own Best Customer

Sigh. I've been busy doing work. "Work", that four letter word that allows me to "eat." I had to take a break from the fiber arts so that I could get a lot of work done. But I couldn't stay away forever. Recently I've been unable to stay away from my own fiber. So I started spinning up the cherry colored fiber, and now I'm trying to decide what to do with the yarn.

I'll tell you, I'm a girl who likes to do things in quantity. So I spun up the yarn and now I just don't know what to do with it. There's not enough to make something big, not that I could anyway, given my limited knitting skills. And so I have to ask myself, "Hot pink socks?" Well, I can't think of a color of sock that I wouldn't like, so why not hot pink?


The first yarn is a pygora/wool blend. I like the color, but was disappointed that the fiber didn't feel softer. It's a 50/50 blend, so I thought the pygora would really stand out, the way bunny fiber does if you blend it with other fibers. It's still nice, though.




So I'm thinking of making socks with the pygora blend. I don't think there's enough of it, though, so I thought I'd use some brown wool yarn with it. As for that lush hot pink... man, that's really killing me. It's incredibly soft and sparkly. I was going to ask my Mom to make a baby sweater out of it, but - please forgive me for saying this out loud - it's just too nice to part with. Socks? Yes, that's probably what will happen to it. Maybe the other pinks, which are derivatives of the hot pink - I mixed orange wool in - would be good for the baby sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment