Friday, October 22, 2010

"Oh Honey, You Shouldn't Have!"

Good news, the search is over! My sweet husband has bought my birthday present. Admittedly, he's a couple of months early, but that hasn't stopped him from handing back my present after I showed it to him and kindly saying, "Enjoy it, Honey, it seems well balanced." Well, I think I will.

To provide more details... I was trolling craigslist, as I often do, when I spotted an ad for a Golding drop spindle. My note to Ann, owner of the spindle, started with "You had me at Golding". A deal was made, a rendezvous arranged, money was exchanged, and a new-to-me drop spindle came into my life.

Meet my new baby, Midnight Sky:


It is a hefty spindle. I like my spindles to be on the large side, as it allows me to create more yarn in one shot.

So I thank Ann and, of course, my husband, for making my day.

5 comments:

  1. You new spindle looks right at home. Thank you! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty I didn't realize how cool spindles can be. I am getting the urge to learn spinning now that gardening is over. I like the primitive rock spindle the woman was using in the video on your FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beauty! I am getting the urge to learn spinning now that gardening is over & winter is coming. Seeing all your amazing fibers makes me want to try too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ann! I've already used it, and it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, we are doing another round of dyeing on Friday in my garage. Val wants to try Indigo. If you want to come, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete