Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Am Wiggling My Toes

So, I made this amazing fiber. OK, I didn't make it. Some alpaca and some bunnies did the work. But I caused it to congregate in such a way that the result was pleasant to look at, delightful to touch, and a pleasure to spin. But as we all know, I cannot knit. Nope, that isn't true either. I should not knit, because I cannot follow a pattern. I see "K2" and my eyes start to glaze over, and when I see the words "stockinette stitch" I throw down the offensive pattern and wonder why people are using such big words.

And yet, I like knitted stuff. So at spinning guild, I do my best to reel in the lady knitters... "Ooooooh, isn't this lovely carded fiber nice? Can you knit? Really? Because I can't. And I would loooooove to trade some of this loooooovely fiber for your knitting skills."

This is what the fiber looked like before I spun it into yarn. There is still some of this left on etsy, but I cannot guarantee that I won't go wild and end up consuming it, so if you like it, you'd better get it now:


And this is what it looks like as yarn:



Lucky me, this month I had returned to me the most amazingly soft socks. Georgia made them. They are thick. And, well, I don't know if you can tell, but in the picture below, I am wiggling my toes. It is utter decadence. I feel like I should go back to bed, get all comfortable, and then just lie there wiggling my toes. I am having difficulty not sitting here making cooing noises. I am so utterly happy.

 Yeah, I shaved my legs for this

Georgia, if you're out there, I just want you to know how much I love my new socks. They are so comfortable. The bunny is already starting to fluff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment