Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cherry Chilly Chonga

Ha cha cha! My cherry colored fiber turned out very interesting. See what you think. I started with cherry alpaca blended with cherry bunny:

This is the alpaca
This is the bunny
And this is the orange wool

So for my most exciting blend, here's the cherry alpaca and bunny blended together:

After that, I tried blending in some of the orange wool:

Neat, isn't it?

My final colorway is the cherry with the orange and with some white thrown in, for a mellower colorway:

I have to admit, I like them all. And one of the things I like to do when I'm blending is to start off with one color and make up some batts, then add in a color and make some more batts, and then add in another color. Although I am not a knitter, it would seem to me that you could get a pretty interesting effect to work your way through the various shifts in color.

NEWS FLASH - I resisted for as long as I possibly could, but nobody bought it, and I think this fiber is DREAMY. So I spun it all up into yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment