Monday, October 11, 2010

Hemlock Fiber Festival 2010

My Mom and I did the festival this year. No grumbling menfolk this time, just us. And of course, it was lovely. I bought two things, some pygora fiber, described in another post, and a lovely spindle. The spindle, unfortunately, appears to be just for show - I wore it out with my first round of spinning. It wiggles and jiggles now. I have come to the conclusion that the best spindles, for me at least, are the ones made by the masters in wood, who make it balance perfectly. Mr. Golding, Mr. Bosworth, I salute you. And I guess I will stop buying pretty spindles that can't stand the heat.


You have to admit, it's the cutest spindle, isn't it? I'd probably buy it all over again, even with its wobbliness.

Here are some of the other sights at the Hemlock Fiber Festival:






This weekend all the fiber-holics are going to Rhinebeck. I'm staying home, though. I'll stick with buying local for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment